Sydney is Australia’s number one destination for international visitors to discover. Combining extraordinary natural beauty with a sparkling Harbour, ocean pools and national parks, as well as vibrant cultural diversity and fascinating heritage, Sydney has no shortage of top experiences for travellers to brag about.
Here are some of the Harbour City’s highlights:
- Not everyone can DJ from the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge like award-winning, genre-hopping US songwriter, producer, entrepreneur, performer and philanthropist Diplo. But everyone can climb it! BridgeClimb operates daily from dusk to dawn allowing everyone the opportunity to take in breathtaking birds-eye views of Sydney and its dazzling Harbour foreshores.
- There is nothing like sailing on a yacht to explore the iconic Sydney Harbour. EastSail operates daily and overnight on the weekends, including sailing and motorboat packages. Enjoy a scenic sail past the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, or anchor in a quiet cove next to one of Sydney’s beautiful sandy beaches.
- Experience the Sydney Opera House, one of the world’s most creative performing arts centres and greatest triumphs of modern architecture. Book in to see a show or dine in this iconic structure at the award-winning Bennelong and indulge in the best of Australian
- Camp on Cockatoo Island in the centre of Sydney Harbour and wake-up to unbeatable waterfront views. The island caters to a range of budgets, group sizes and occasions, including deluxe camping experiences, romantic getaways and family vacations.
- Discover Sydney’s beach culture. Learn to surf at Bondi Beach, Australia’s most famous beach with a 2 hour lesson from Let’s Go Surfing.
- Get a bit wild and enjoy an immersive overnight stay at the new Wildlife Retreat at Taronga Zoo, overlooking the magnificent Sydney Harbour. Revel in the natural beauty of the bushland, and step into a lush sanctuary where koalas and echidnas roam, and platypus swim.
- Learn about the rich Aboriginal heritage of Sydney with an Aboriginal guide at the Royal Botanic Gardens. Discover the traditional Aboriginal uses for the native trees and plants including medicine, tools and bush tucker food. Aboriginal Heritage Tours run the one and a half hour walking tour every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday at 10 am, excluding public holidays.
- Dine in your own private Ferris Wheel carriage at the heritage-listed Luna Park. Thirty-five metres high above Sydney Harbour, witness the sun set over one of the most sought-after views in the world. This unique experience runs on Sundays at 6pm from 20 October to 29 December, 2019.
- Take a scenic seaplane trip to the Northern Beaches for a delicious 4 course lunch at Bert’s Bar & Brasserie at The Newport. Flying over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, soak up the magnificent views and along the way play a game of whale or dolphin spotting from above.
- The Bondi to Coogee walk – This six-kilometre boardwalk is one of the most breathtaking attractions in Sydney. The stretch leads visitors from the bustling beach of Bondi all the way to the seaside suburb of Coogee, with stunning coastal scenery and world-class beaches in abundance en route. Bring a picnic and some swimmers and partake in this true Sydney experience.
For more information on experiences in Sydney go to www.sydney.com or New South Wales go to www.visitnsw.com